Friday, March 11, 2016

Tony Moly Red Appletox Honey Cream - Review -

 
 
Hi!

I have a little review for you guys!
I (accidentally) hauled some Korean skincare products again♥

So today I'm reviewing Tony Moly Red Appletox Honey Cream!
 
 
I was supposed to buy a new eye cream, but got distracted and bought this instead. I had earlier received some samples of this product and was so sold. I have been eyeing these like two years, until now finally bought it! image

So, to the review:
 
There is very little info available in the official site:
Skin Type FOR ALL SKIN TYPES
Skin Concern DRY SKIN
Volume/Size 80ml
It promises to give you a sleek, resilient, dewy and moisturized skin.
From somewhere else I read that this has exfoliating properties too.


Ingredients (from Amazon):
Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Propolis Extract, Honey Extract, Royal Jelly Extract, Soluble Collagen, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Allantoin, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitol, Malic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Fragrance, Sodium Polyacrylate, Disodium EDTA, Yellow 5, Yellow 6

According to cosdna, this seems to have some irritants. In addition to moisturizers, the good things this contains are some antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances.
Cool, but what on earth is Royal Jelly?
 
Look at the packaging, isn't it so cute?image
Container it's sturdy, hard plastic, shaped as an adorable red apple.
 
 
Although I knew that the cream was 80 ml, it still was bigger than I expected!
Once the container is empty, it will serve as a cute storage box for something small,
I will maybe put my rings there. 


 Product comes with a tiny spatula:

 
Altough I like the packaging, it's both a pro and a con. I mean, it's not very practical.
As a practical person, I would like my skin care products to be practical too. See why?


Under the lid you can find thin piece of plastic as an inner lid, which is not enough to keep product for leaking. When I got mine, the product was well sealed outside, but the cream had leaked past the inner lid.... So, I doubt that I can't just toss this into luggage and go. Eventhough the package is cute, a squeeze tube, a pump or something would have been better. The spatula isn't very practical either, but it's still more hygienic than putting your fingers in the cream. I wash the spatula with soap after every use, but I know that would be too much hassle for some people.

And to the cream itself:


I absolutely love the scent of this product! image
I admit that the scent is one of the strongest points of this product. The scent is like fresh juicy apples, with a hint of honey, it's soooooo lovely. The scent doesn't give an artificial feeling, it's just so natural and delicious.

Only a tiny amount of cream is needed for the whole face. The cream is more like gel, easy to spread, sticky at first but absorbs well. This does ok job with moisturizing and doesn't break me up. Why I like this so much - scent aside - is because this calms my skin and reduces pimples. I guess it's because of the honey in the product, since honey is antibacterial, or maybe it's because of the other anti-inflammatory ingredients. My skin seems less irritated and just simply looks better, smooth and plump. This has worked wonders for my under eye wrinkles and dark circles,
I don't look so zombie anymore.

 

 Final verdict:imageimageimageimageimage
I absolutely love the product, it really works wonders, and I would probably even buy again,
even though the container is a bit problematic.


bye!★
*・゜☆.。.†:*・゜☆.。†.:*・゜☆.。†.:*・゜☆.。†.:☆.。.†.:*・゜☆.。†.:*・゜

3 comments:

  1. Good review!
    I love skin care korean products and I have this jeje I think it was some of my first korean products.
    I have combinated skins but I don't recommend it for all skin types, is better for dry so I use it only when I have deshidrated zones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yeah you have a point, this maybe isn't suitable for all skin types, but this works at least on my oily skin. :)

      Delete
  2. This looks really good and moisturizing! korean products are always so great on the skin! Anna Ziuzina

    ReplyDelete