Sunday, October 25, 2015

Travel Diary: Tokyo part 1

Hello!

I'm back in cold Finland again.
I will now slowly start my travel diary here ~
 
Our trip started when we first flew to Helsinki. From there, at 17.15 o'clock, departed our flight to Narita. That flight was overbooked, so (?) we got upgraded to business class. It was a pleasant suprise. I wouldn't have needed all that food they served there, though it was good. The seats were also good (and there was enough room to flip the chair to lie flat position), but I still couldn't sleep during the nine-hour flight.
 
So, day 1, Sunday.
 
Our flight arrived in Narita airport at 8.45 am local time. We purchased Narita Express (NEX) Round Trip tickets (a two way ticket). Even though NEX is quite pricey, I can recommend it since it was the fastest way to get to Tokyo from airport, easy and comfortable as well.

Our stop was in Tokyo Station.


The Tokyo Station is in an old looking building from the other side, but surprisingly the opposite Yaesu side looks so modern it's hard to believe they are the same building complex... The Tokyo Station is quite a maze for a first-timer. First we couldn't find the coin lockers and then we couldn't find our way out from there! The biggest problem & culture shock was really this station!

After getting out, we headed to the East Gardens of the Imperial Palace, which are open to public. The weather was foggy but warm, +20°C.

 
The watchtower-thingy




Cherry blossoms! I really was able to see some! :'''D
The tree was a type that blooms in autumn. It was pretty, though it had dropped the petals already.





Later I realized that we took a "wrong" path and missed the real garden part of the Imperial Gardens, actually just that part I wanted to see... So I have to go there again next time. It was a nice stroll nevertheless.


After the Imperial Gardens, we went to the National Museum of Modern Art. The building was boring and the exhibition a bit disappointing, so no pictures.

After MOMA, we were alredy so tired, but decided to stroll through Jimbocho. Jimbocho is known as Tokyo's used book district. The area was fun to walk but we haven't energy to visit the shops, or even to eat (which was stupid). I don't have much pictures of Jimbocho either, but I liked the area.

Doraemon!!

After fetching the luggages, we headed to Kaybacho, picked up some food in a convenience store and signed up in hotel. At this point I had been awake for 31 hours.



To be continued!


bye!★
*・゜☆.。.†:*・゜☆.。†.:*・゜☆.。†.:*・゜☆.。†.:☆.。.†.:*・゜☆.。†.:*・゜
 

No comments:

Post a Comment